Be kind to your belly! No matter how flat or round, jiggly or rock hard--it's yours. It's probably the center of some of your most profound memories. Think about it...the laughter you've shared, the romantic dinners you've eaten, the butterflies you've felt, the children you may have carried. All these set up house in-yes-your belly. And for that it deserves your respect. Your appreciation. And more than a little love and kindnes...even when you're struggling to button your jeans.
I think I have been more than kind to my belly through the years (especially during the last 10) and I've finally decided to become selfish! I am going to be kind to my belly by getting rid of it so it doesn't have to put up with my daily ridiculing.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is so true, why are we so hard on our bellies?
ReplyDeleteI'm in! Good-bye Penelope! (I loved her so much I named her) But I am willing to give her up.
ReplyDelete